Saturday, September 29, 2018

Business Presentation

September 29, 2018 Saturday 7:30PM PST

Everyday, I get someone that needs help. They either want  help with their presentation with investors or they simply want help with funding resources at the click of a button. Often times, their numbers are off. And more times, their presentation is NOT up to par. Psychologically, I have wondered what are people thinking. People who have a brand smacking idea. Folks who have gone to the extent as to say they are ready for the next step. They could be a construction company looking for capital. They call me, message me, and then as I ask them a series of questions they tell me that they are in debt. They need help getting out of debt. It is like someone is going to wave a magic wand and be of help. Additionally, they may have won a government contract and now need working capital to get it going. But, when I ask what does their presentation look like... What do they have to entice the investor or a lending company? They are unable to provide such documents. Furthermore, they act as though they never heard of a contract, which would be between them and myself. In the business of the world and the world of business, what in the world is wrong with people? Psychologically, I wonder are people are okay. 

If a presentation is not ready, why doesn't a business simply say we need help. Why do people think it is okay to simply round off numbers that do not add up or make any sense? Why do they feel if someone, like myself, is providing a service... then I should work for FREE, correct? No. Another example, a business gives me their Internal Rate of Return. But, fails to provide what the Return on Investment will be for the Investor. I always re-calculate and send back what they said in order to have a clear understanding. Once I figure out what they are trying to do, I ask, "What is the Rate on Investment for the investor?" The answer, "All the above, and another 5%?" Are you seriously kidding me. Yes, waste of time. You and a host of other businesses do not answer the questions I ask. 

The presentation needs to have at least the basics either in a deck or business proposal. Here is a few: executive summary, exit strategy, budget, ROI (Return on Investment), projections, principals (if applicable), and more. If you would like to discuss your project or need information, only contact me if you are willing to pay for the services I provide, which includes editing and reviewing your presentation, investigating investors, helping to prepare documents, registering with Security Exchange Commission (for example), outsourcing, research, and much more. Again, I accept any industry, and all depends on what industry you are in will vary with what services I provide. 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment